- Vancouver to Istanbul, Turkey – from $700 roundtrip after taxes!
I’ve been waiting a long time for this! Turkey has always been near the top of my list of places on this planet that I want to check out (and it’s a long list). Fares are *never* cheap though, and usually hover around a minimum of $1300-$1400 roundtrip after taxes.
But then KLM decided to have a contest, and thanks to a little assistance from YVR Deals followers, well, here we are. I can’t emphasize enough how rare an opportunity this is. If you’ve ever wanted to visit Turkey at an insane price, this is your chance.
At the time of this writing they haven’t officially announced the winner, but I can see that they’ve already loaded the cheap fares to Istanbul into the system on KLM.com. In fact, I just bought my tickets. The bottom price looks to be $700 roundtrip after taxes, but the majority are in the range of $750 roundtrip after taxes (as KLM promised they would be), depending on the dates.
To find them, you can just go to http://www.klm.com and search for flights from Vancouver to Istanbul.
The cheap fare period is from mid October 2012 to May 5th of 2013 ! So it’s a pretty wide date range that you can choose from. KLM has stated that the cheap fares will be in the system for 48 hours.
Personally, I would aim for October 2012 or late April 2013. Both would be great times to visit Turkey, with good weather and less tourists. Here’s a link to historical weather for Istanbul.
Update: People have also reported booking with a multiple-night stopover in Amsterdam for pretty much the same price. 2 trips in one! For those that don’t know how to do this, it’s really easy. I’ve created a short tutorial, which you can find in the forums.
screenshot from KLM.com
I’ve already created a Google Map to outline the places in Turkey I want to check out:
If you can’t tell, I’m pretty excited about this deal! If anyone has any recommendations on places to check out in Turkey, please leave a comment.
See you in Turkey!
(NOTE: If you’re interested in visiting Amsterdam, give it a try, you’ll find it’s a lot cheaper than usual as well, although not as good a deal as Istanbul.)
HEADS UP: Looks like Air Canada is matching the prices to Amsterdam and Istanbul…
HEADS UP 2: Now it looks like every airline is matching the insanity to Istanbul !
Air France (should be possible to get a free stopover in Paris)
Example search on Kayak: http://www.kayak.com/flights/#/YVR-IST/2012-10-17-flexible/2012-10-31-flexible
Hit Like if you like this deal! Click Share to show your friends on Facebook.
- » Bing Ads Launches Traffic Quality Center
- » New GPS-Powered Handlebars Send Texts to Your Bike
- » Vine: 12 Ways to Make Your Videos Stand Out
- » AWESOME PLACES TO WORK: These Startups Have Better Perks Than Free Food Or Beers On Tap
- » Where Have All The Linkers Gone?
- » It’s Time to Change Mashable’s Twitter Profile Picture
- » SearchCap: The Day In Search, May 21, 2013
- » Why ‘Dots’ Is the Most Scarily Addictive Social Game Yet
- » This Cloud Startup That Mobile Developers Love Is Now Going After Enterprises That Build Their Own Apps
- » The New Flickr: Everything You Need to Know