Angela Bowman from Boulder Digital Arts is offering an SEO Course starting Jan 23, 2018.
What You’ll Learn
Note – This class is designed for people who manage a self-hosted WordPress website and are familiar with general WordPress concepts, such as posts, pages, categories, and media. If you do not have a WordPress site or are just getting started using WordPress, we recommend you take WordPress for Beginners before this class.
In this unique 2-afternoon, 6-hour workshop you’ll learn by doing and leave the workshops having started the process of search engine optimizing your WordPress-powered website or blog. Along the way you’ll learn how to use SEO plugins to optimize your WordPress site’s post and page content and maximize your content’s visibility on the web.
In this workshop you’ll will learn how to:
Part 1 –
Part 2 –
- Factors that influence SEO – on site, on page, off site, and visitor behavior
- Keyword planning strategies – transactional keywords, informational queries, product and service modifiers, location modifiers
- Content strategies – unique value, spreadable value, matching intent, topic authority, evergreen content
- On-site/on-page factors – titles, headings, meta descriptions, URLs, alt tags
- Review students sites using Moz Tools and WooRank
- Install Yoast SEO plugin and submit site to Google Search Console
- Set home page title and description
- Optimize pages and posts using Yoast SEO plugin
- Optimize images and links
- Understand advanced page settings in Yoast plugin (no follow and no index)
- Optimize content for social media sharing
- Specify what content should be indexed
- Link site to social media accounts
- Generate XML sitemap
- Set up Google Analytics plugin